Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
As a Lead SOC Design Verification Engineer you will help set up methodologies, come up with test plans, verify the design meets the highest quality standards and guide team members throughout the verification process. We believe in early involvement of DV, so you will also participate in architecture/product definition through early involvement in the product life-cycle.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Define verification architecture, develop test plans and build verification environment
· Guide and/or manage a team of skilled verification engineers on a focused verification activity
· Work with design team to understand design intent and bring up verification plans and schedules
· Verify SoC using advanced verification methodologies
· Build agents and checkers from scratch
· Perform and write test plan from design architecture specs and/or protocol standard
· Debug test cases and report verification result to achieve expected code/functional coverage goal
· Assist in emulation, FPGA, prototyping efforts
· Assist in silicon bring-up, debug and characterization
· BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering with 10-20 years of practical experience
· Expertise in the verification of ARM based CPUSS verification [ SMMU , GIC , Fabric etc ]
· Server class compliance testing
· Strong understanding of AMBA bus protocols
· Extensive knowledge in multiple testbench structures
· Knowledge of FPGA and emulation platforms
· Proficiency in UVM
· C/C++ and FW driven testcase development
· Advanced knowledge of performance test and analysis (data sets, measurement, correlation)
· PCIe/CXL support and compliance
· DDR4/DD5 support and compliance
· Knowledge of assertion-based formal verification
· Domain knowledge in one or more of these areas: fabric, memory controller, encryption, caches, coherence, MMU, high speed interfaces/protocols
· strong SV/UVM Knowledge and Coding Skills
· A good understanding of the complete verification life cycle (test plan, testbench through coverage closure)
· Deep understanding of SOC verification environments and C-based testcases
· Understanding of emulation platform capabilities and emulation TB construction
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Science
8+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
15+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience ,4+ years experience with architecture and design tools ,4+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages. ,4+ years experience with design verification methods ,2+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with executive leadership (e.g., Vice President level and above).
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.