Responsible for the performance of forensic royalty audits to enforce and confirm licensee compliance with terms of License Agreements. Interfaces with external parties, including licensees and service providers, to identify/resolve non-compliance issues, reporting discrepancies, and potential business process difficulties that may impact licensee’s reporting requirements. Also interfaces with internal teams, including cross-functional teams (e.g., Compliance, Data, Licensing, Legal) and executives, to ensure all audit/compliance and relevant business issues have been addressed, communicated, and resolved.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Works independently with little supervision.
• Provides supervision to direct reports.
• Decisions are moderate in nature. Errors are detected and corrected with relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships. May require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. Role may require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
• Works within the prescribed budgetary objectives of the department. Erroneous decisions, failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules and result in the re-allocation of some resources.
• Has a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to make key decisions).
• Most tasks do not have defined steps; simultaneous use of multiple mental abilities is generally required to determine the best approach; mistakes may result in significant rework.
• Exceptional creativity is needed to innovate new ideas and develop innovative products/ processes without established objectives or known parameters.
• Deductive and inductive problem solving is required; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains thorough knowledge of complex license agreements, relevant amendments and exceptions, and the peculiarity of each agreement for assigned licensee accounts. Guides team to do the same.
• Reviews and communicates ad-hoc analysis results to internal and external stakeholders. Works with licensing managers and executives to utilize results to help inform business decisions.
• Interviews key members of Licensees' staff and executive teams, and performs extensive analysis of Licensees’ financial books, records, and business practices. Guides team to do the same.
• Leads team to quantify audit findings/damages for moderately complex accounts, oversees preparation of supporting work paper files, detailed exhibits, and reports, and presents audit issues/findings to internal teams including executives.
• Maintains productive relationships with external parties, including licensees and service providers, to identify and resolve non-compliance issues, reporting discrepancies, and potential business process difficulties that may impact reporting requirements.
• Partners with internal teams, including cross-functional teams (e.g., Compliance, Data, Licensing, Legal) and Executives, to address, resolve, and communicate audit/compliance and relevant business issues.
• Manages service providers (e.g., public accounting or consulting firm) throughout audit process, including gathering or generating, and evaluating relevant data. Resolves key issues.
• Develops and executes operational and process improvement projects within and across teams.
• Develops, coaches, and mentors experienced and junior members of the team and trains others on new tasks.
Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Travels domestically and internationally multiple times per year.
1+ years in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports (only applies to positions with direct reports). ,2+ years working with operating budgets and/or project financials. ,3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization. ,2+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above) ,Multilingual (based on language of assigned accounts) ,5+ years audit/forensic and investigative research or related quantitative data analysis experience. ,7+ years IPR Compliance Audit or related work experience.
CPA or similar certification - Various Organizations
Applicants: If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.